Skip to content
Terms & Conditions
- ALL ORDERS ARE CONSIDERED FIRM. SHOULD CROSBY STREET STUDIOS ACCEPT A CANCELLATION OF AN ORDER (WHICH ACCEPTANCE MAY BE WITHHELD BY CROSBY STREET STUDIOS FOR ANY REASON), CROSBY STREET STUDIOS SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO RETAIN IN FULL THE DEPOSIT PAID BY BUYER FOR SUCH ORDER. CROSBY STREET STUDIOS WILL NOT ENTERTAIN ANY REQUEST TO ACCEPT CANCELLATION OF ANY CUSTOM OR SPECIAL ORDER.
- Unless specifically stated to the contrary, all delivery, packing, crating, shipping, in-transit insurance, local delivery, un-crating and installation charges, cutting of doors, as well as sales or other taxes are in addition to the stated purchase price.
- No installation services are included in this order unless specifically noted.
- Merchandise will substantially confirm to the description hereof, except that such merchandise may vary slightly from description or sample. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Any oral statements about merchandise made by CROSBY STREET STUDIOS employee or agents do not constitute warranties, shall not become a part of this Agreement and shall not be relied upon by Buyer. In no event shall CROSBY STREET STUDIOS be responsible for the correctness of, or be deemed to have made, any representation or warranty of description, size, medium, genuineness, attribution, provenance, authenticity, age or condition concerning the merchandise.
- Prices are subject to change without notice until the order is accepted by CROSBY STREET STUDIOS.
- Quoted delivery dates are approximate dates only. CROSBY STREET STUDIOS shall not be responsible for any delay in delivery or failure in performance for any cause beyond CROSBY STREET STUDIOS control (including, but not limited to, labor disputes, failure or delay of sources to supply, transportation difficulties, accidents, fires or acts of God) or any event which interferes with CROSBY STREET STUDIOS normal business operations.
- CROSBY STREET STUDIOS is not responsible and Buyer is not relieved of its obligations where on-site conditions or limitations prevent delivery. In all cases, it is the responsibility of Buyer to determine that the size of the completed items can be accepted by elevators, entry doors and other points of entry. CROSBY STREET STUDIOS has the absolute right to rely upon the accuracy of all information, plans, drawings, specifications and measurements provided by the Buyer. Crosby Street Studios has no obligation to, nor will it seek to verify the accuracy of any such information.
- In no event shall CROSBY STREET STUDIOS be liable for any consequential or incidental damages. In no event shall CROSBY STREET STUDIOS liability, for any reason, exceed the amount actually paid by Buyer to CROSBY STREET STUDIOS for the merchandise.
- Any carpet not accepted for delivery within (30) days after notification is subject to storage charges as determined by CROSBY STREET STUDIOS.
- All custom orders are subject to mill overage.
- Buyer will be liable for all reasonable costs, expenses and fees, including attorney’s fees, incurred by CROSBY STREET STUDIOS in collecting monies due here-under.
- Any action for CROSBY STREET STUDIOS breach of this Agreement must be commenced by Buyer within six (6) months after the cause of action has occurred.
- Shading and/or watermarking are natural characteristics of any carpet and are not considered to be defects.
- CARPET WITH OBVIOUS DEFECTS SUCH AS DYE LOT VARIATIONS, IMPROPER COLOR AND VISIBLE DAMAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR RETURN ONCE CUT OR INSTALLED BY OTHERS. ALL CLAIMS MUST BE REPORTED WITHIN SEVENTY TWO (72) HOURS OF RECEIPT OF MERCHANDISE.
- Wilton or Axminster carpets may have high or low wires. These are considered to be inherent characteristics of a woven carpet and are not defects.
- Fluffing and sprouting of yarns are textile phenomena and will be serviced if CROSBY STREET STUDIOS is informed within six (6) months of delivery.
- Freight damage must be reported to the carrier within twenty four (24) hours of receipt of merchandise. Damaged carpet must be signed for accordingly. CROSBY STREET STUDIOS must be advised of all visible damages immediately. All wrappings must be retained until inspection by carrier.
- All carpet will be seamed as necessary, unless otherwise instructed in writing by the Buyer.
- Where any specific design or construction is produced and supplied to Buyer’s specifications, Buyer agrees to indemnify CROSBY STREET STUDIOS against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, expenses and demands, whatsoever, arising or resulting from the rights or claims of third parties, including but not limited to, infringement of copyrights, trademarks and design patents.
- All monies paid on account of this order shall be credited to the account of the named Buyer. CROSBY STREET STUDIOS acceptance of payment from anyone other than Buyer shall be as an accommodation only and shall not create a vendor-vendee relationship express or implied, with any one payee other than the Buyer.
- This Agreement sets forth the entire representation between CROSBY STREET STUDIOS and buyer and any and all prior agreements, warranties or representatives made by either party are superseded by this Agreement and cannot be modified, except by a further written notice signed by both Buyer and CROSBY STREET STUDIOS. None of the terms set forth, if any, in Buyer’s purchase order – forms a part of this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Any action or proceeding involving any dispute or matter arising under the Agreement may only be brought in the United Stated District Court for the Southern District of New York, or any New York State Court located in the County of New York, having jurisdiction over the subject matter or the dispute or matter. Stark and Buyer hereby consent to the exercise or personal jurisdiction by any such courts with respect to any such action or proceeding. CROSBY STREET STUDIOS and Buyer waive any claim that any action or proceeding brought in any such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
- If any provision of this Agreement is declared invalid by any tribunal, the remaining provisions of the Agreement shall not be affected thereby.
- CARPET, RUGS, FABRIC, WALLCOVERING OR OTHER PRODUCTS WITH OBVIOUS DEFECTS SUCH AS DYE LOT VARIOUS, IMPROPER COLOR, SHORTAGES, ERRORS OR VISIBLE DAMAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR RETURN ONCE OR INSTALLED BY OTHERS. ALL CLAIMS MUST BE REPORTED WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS OF RECEIPT OF MERCHANDISE.
Upon receipt of the return shipping label, returns must be sent to CROSBY STREET STUDIOS 200 Lexington Avenue, suite 1303 New York, NY 10016, (212) 486-0737
- CROSBY STREET STUDIOS will not accept claims for labor costs.
- ALL RETURNS MUST BE AUTHORIZED BY CROSBY STREET STUDIOS IN WRITING.
FOR ONLINE ORDERS OF FINISHED RUGS THERE IS NO RESTOCKING FEE, IF RETURNED IN GOOD CONDITION WITHIN (14) DAYS OF RECEIPT.
AUTHORIZED RETURNS ARE SUBJECT TO A 25% TO 50% RESTOCKING CHARGE.
- Custom and special orders may not be canceled.
- The highest quality of workmanship is employed in the production of our products.
- Careful inspection is made before shipment; however, final inspection and approval are the ultimate responsibilities of the customer. Immediately upon receipt, customer should open shipment and check if number, color, face and description are correct and correspond with the decorator’s order. Correct design and color should be checked again before the product is cut or hung.